our history

logopng2.png

Margot Hardwick commenced her studies and vocation as a natural therapies practitioner long ago……….

The original Rock Lily Natural Health Care team got together in 1998 when Margot started her first clinic in the Rock Lily office block in Mona Vale.

The practice was next door to the historic Rock Lily Hotel. (Please see below for further details. It’s interesting).

They started with three practitioners (two of which remain). As the clinic continued to grow they took over a second floor but eventually found that the clinic required more room and relocated the practice to its current premises in Warriewood.

The Rock Lily has now grown to multiple practitioners and covers most natural therapies with dedicated, caring and experienced natural therapists.

The Rock Lily Hotel is named for the lilies, dendrobium specimosum, which once grew there. See above. Leon Houreux, a Frenchman, described as a hotel keeper, purchased the land at Mona Vale in 1886. The hotel, which was built from yellow bricks, manufactured locally at Bayview had two bay windows with a veranda between. It was operating as a hotel from 1886. Leon Houreux, the first proprietor, covered the walls with murals, including one of Napoleon. Situated close to the crossroads between the routes to Manly, Bayview, Church Point, Newport, Barrenjoey and the route inland to Gordon, the hotel became a coaching inn where horses were changed. Traffic recorded passing the hotel during one week in 1889 is as follows: 59 passenger coaches, 125 private vehicles and 123 people on foot. In 1913 the hotel licence was terminated and since then the Rock Lily building has had a variety of uses including a butcher’s shop, a nightclub and of course, as a restaurant.

orange-line3

2/1 Vuko Place, Warriewood NSW 2102 Australia     Phone: +61 2 9999 2211     Fax: +61 2 9913 2977    

Email: therockinglily(at)bigpond(dot)com(dot)au     Rock Lily Natural Health Care 2016

Blog at WordPress.com.